- POZ Spirit: a group for MEN HIV/AIDS Diagnosed – Meets the Last Saturday of each Month*, providing opportunities to share information, network, and find spiritual and general support from one another, discussing ‘hot topics as well as bring in outside resources to speak with the group regarding issues such as medication and how it affects our bodies, benefits, etc.
- We will have a monthly discussion topic for the group to talk about as well as bring in outside resources to speak with the group regarding issues such as medication and how it affects our bodies, benefits, etc. Some of the topics that seem to be of interest to have the group discuss are:1. Bare-Backing and the affect and effect it has
2. Self Stigma – Guilt and Shame
3. Having support in a Spiritual Surrounding
4. Dating and Relationships – Poz & Poz and Poz and Neg
POZ Spirit also sponsors quarterly workshops/events which are open to everyone dealing with HIV/AIDS issues.
Contact: Sammy Hancox, Michael Southerland & Tory Topjian with questions in person on Sundays or by emailing them at pozspirit AT mccla DOT org
- POZ Spirit also:
- We sponsor Quarterly workshops/events which are open to everyone dealing with HIV/AIDS issues.
- Annually, we have an AIDS LifeCycle team;
- We have a medication recycling program, (you can drop off unused medications to a box located by the Rose Parks Room.) where these medications are redistributed by an agency authorized to do so;
- We host an annual World AIDS Day service;
- Additionally our staff has participated in Los Angeles’ HIV Commission, Hispanic Task Force on HIV/AIDS, as well as speaks as necessary to HIV/AIDS related issues.
*Here are the calendar dates for the “last Saturday of each month”
- April 27
- May 25
- June 29
- July 27
- August 31
- September 28
- October 26
- November 30
- December 28